Abuja Student Died Of Electrocution Inside School Premises

Share

Meshach Agaba, a 16 years- old student of Government Science Secondary School, Maitama Abuja got electrocuted inside the school premises and died. The ugly incident which happened on Wednesday has left the entire school mourning.

One of the parents disclosed to newsmen in Abuja on the condition of anonymity that the young lad was on his way to fetch water from a tap when he accidentally fell on a cable wire that had fallen from electric pole inside the school premises.

The source said, “The electric pole and the cable had been lying in the area before the incident. The school management didn’t do anything about it. However, Agaba was trying to fetch water last Wednesday morning because they normally wake up at 5am to fetch water.

“The boy is in the same hostel as my child. The place was slippery, and as he was trying to regain balance, he mistakenly stepped on the conductor, and he was electrocuted instantly. I’m surprised that even after the incident, that pole has not been fixed by the school management. The only thing the management did was post the picture of the boy on a wall with the ‘Gone too soon’ inscription.”

The concern parent who narrated the incident to newsmen also added that the school is trying to twist the event, as they told the police that the deceased student was trying to jump the fence when the cable fell on him, contrary to the reality of the incident.

The source added, “They didn’t say the thing that led to the boy’s death. They pretended as if it were just a normal thing. Nothing was said about the incident. Since the incident happened, the Parent-Teacher Association’s social media platform has been locked. Parents are not allowed to speak about the incident on that platform. The school is one of the top secondary schools in the FCT.
“The police even came to pick up the principal. The school management lied, saying that the boy was trying to jump through the fence when the cable fell on him. How can someone who was only wearing a towel attempt to jump the fence at that time of the day?

“I also learnt from my child that when they were rushing him to the hospital, the school security was asking for their exit card. The boy died as a result of the delay. The school did not want to take responsibility for what happened. To date, the fallen pole has not been fixed while academic activities are ongoing. The school management didn’t even say anything about it.”

Meanwhile when the vice principal of the school, Mrs Dogo Suzie was contacted, she said the school didn’t say the boy was trying to jump fence. She however said any journalist that needs to know the details of the incident should come to the school and get first hand information. The FCT police public relations officer when reached, revealed that investigation was still ongoing.

Read Also: Veteran Nollywood Actor, Mr Ibu Is Dead

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*